Welcome
Welcome to <strong>FICAN</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>! <li>Also don't forget to visit our web site for more information at <a href="http://ficanetwork.net">ficanetwork.net</a><li>

KidsPeace, Abuse & Neglect

KidsPeace, Abuse & Neglect

Postby FICAN » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:06 pm

Question:
abuse and neglect in residential treatment facility

Hi, I am an 18 year old girl who experienced traumatic events and neglect while living at Kidspeace a residential treatment facility that is currently under investigation, i am looking desperately to see what i can do in response to their actions involving emotional abuse, over medicating, neglect and sexual abuse. Thank you

Category: Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility
State(s), Country: NY (NY), US
Posted: 3/25/2008

Answers: 2

Michael Markowitz, Attorney at Law
Re: abuse and neglect in residential treatment facility

If you were abused you would have a cause of action against the facility. Statute of limitations period starts when you are 18, and you will have 3 years to commence an action.

Mike.
Michael Markowitz
Michael A. Markowitz, PC
1553 Broadway
Hewlett, NY 11557
Other answers from this attorney

Alani Golanski, Attorney at Law
Re: abuse and neglect in residential treatment facility

From what you're reporting, you may well have substantial grounds for a lawsuit against Kidspeace. Once you were living at Kidspeace and that organization assumed a duty to care for you, it was held to a high standard to do its best to maintain your well being. The conduct you mention, abuse, overmedicating, and so forth, would indicate possible negligence and recklessness, and breach of fiduciary duty, on the part of Kidspeace, among other possible causes of action.
Alani Golanski
Alani Golanski, Esq.
25 Washington Street, Suite 547
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Other answers from this attorney
Ask a question | Send to friend Attorneys only: Answer this question

source: http://www.lawguru.com/cgi/bbs/message. ... 344&view=a
FICAN
~Parents, please make an informed decision!~
FICAN
Site Admin

Re: KidsPeace, Abuse & Neglect

Postby wiki researcher » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:14 am

I find it sad that 3 lives have been claimed at Kidspeace:

I also saw this blog called Today a child died mentioning the death of Mark Draheim.
wiki researcher

Re: KidsPeace, Abuse & Neglect

Postby Supertallycat » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:57 pm

I am a 21 year old girl i went to the same school from 2004-2006.
I experienced similar things such as over-medication and staff neglect.
Supertallycat

Return to KidsPeace