Welcome
Welcome to <strong>FICAN</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>! <li>Also don't forget to visit our web site for more information at <a href="http://ficanetwork.net">ficanetwork.net</a><li>

The almost complete story is covered by Fornits Wiki

The Bethel programs have gone through many changes. Originally an offshoot of Roloff's Evangelistic Enterprises to Bethesda Children's Home to Bethel Boys and Bethel Girls, then it changed names again and is somehow now associated with WWASPS. Now it's called Eagle Point Academy (I think- please correct me if I'm wrong).

The almost complete story is covered by Fornits Wiki

Postby Rotsne » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:52 pm

Of course these two pages cannot by any means tell the full story about what went on in Lucedale. It can not justify to be a full coverage of all the abuse or torment the teenagers detained at this particular campus went through, but here is what we have been able to research:

First part: Bethel Boys Academy wiki page
Second part: Gulf Coast Academy wiki page

The names the facility had operated under are: Bethel Boys Home, Bethel Boys Academy, Eagle Point Christian Academy, Respect Camp, Cambridge Academy, Pine View Academy.

Original it was operated by the Fountain family, but they have sold it after a Hurricane damaged the buildings. The new owner is a company controlled by Narvin Lichield, who also runs Carolina Springs Academy and Pillars of Hope in Costa Rica. In fact they offer a deal where a teen can be detained at all three facilities.

In 2007 the campus was filled with teenagers transferred from Tranquility Bay because they have some problems with visas, the lease on the Jamaica campus, which is a the former hotel and an investigation done the authorties in Jamaica, which they did not think needed to have testimonies from teenagers.

As for the repairs done by the hurricane they have not been in a hurry. In fact some parents have been scared by the standard of the buildings.

That was just my 2 cents. As I have stated above, it is not a complete coverage and out of respect of survivors it cannot fully describe the conditions downthere.

Regards
Rotsne
Rotsne

Re: The almost complete story is covered by Fornits Wiki

Postby Mayakajohn » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:22 am

I believe it's very good. But it would be much better than this.
Mayakajohn

Return to Bethel Boys/Girls